...I have been tagged. By the head Rawr herself, ! And of course, not being one to break the link in a chain, I shall contribute! I find these interesting to read about other artists, so I don't mind partaking once in a while.
1. You must post These rules.
2. Each person Has to share 10 facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 10 questions asked by the person who tagged you and make up 10 questions for the 10 you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and put Their icons in your journal.
5. You have to legitimately tag 10 people.
6. No tag-backs.7. You can not say That You do not do tags.
8. You MUST make a journal entry!
1. I currently teach art at a public elementary school. (No one said these had to be little known facts, though I guess those are more fun. I'll try harder.)
2. I love backpacking/hiking/camping/anything involving the great outdoors.
3. I will be working at the Fort Worth zoo over the summer and AM SO EXCITED. Just with day camp kids, but still--foot in the door!
4. I have never lived more than 30 minutes away from the place I grew up, though that may change if I move to Colorado in the fall.
5. Whenever I travel someplace new I find a rock from that place to take home instead of buying souvenirs.
6. I can play any song on the piano by ear if you give me a few minutes but it takes me hours to decode sheet music.
7. One of my favorite/most inspirational artists since I was a kid is Rien Poortvliet. I got to go to his museum in 2013 and it was probably one of my most favorite things I've ever done. Up there with going to Rwanda and backpacking the rockies for a week.
8. My OTP is ice cream/myself.
9. I have mastered the art of what I now dub the "friendlationship."
10. It is my dream to live on a horse ranch in the mountains...one day...one day...
MY ANSWERS TO MY TAGGER:
1. Where will you be 5 hours from now?
I get up at 5 am so...most definitely asleep. If not asleep, then fiercely berating myself for still being awake and dreading the morrrow.
2. Do you collect anything?
Art books, animated movies, rocks....random internet gifs that I find funny/cool but never use because I don't have time for forums anymore but keep thinking that someday I will....
3. If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Warning: Peculiarly Optimistic.
4. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
Uh, hearing? At least when I'm asleep. I will wake up if the sheets rustle or if I sigh in my sleep. The only exception to this is if I have been sleep deprived for a while and am just passed out, in which case it takes slightly louder noises like doors knobs or creaky floorboards to wake me. e_e
5. List one pet peeve.
People interrupting me with questions before I'm through explaining. Totally didn't used to be a problem, but teaching 5-10 year olds for five years has made this a thing.
6. What is one thing you are excited for?
Quitting my job in two months. That's pretty rad.
7. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Draw, read, drive farther distances to go to things because I wouldn't be afraid of gas bills.
8. What is the first thing you would do with the money if you won 1 million $$
Put most of it in savings/mutual funds so I don't have to worry about retirement and use the rest to help me get to that horse ranch in Colorado. <3
9. What has been your biggest success up until today?
This is hard to answer I think, because how can you know if something has truly been a success until it has stood the test of time? I mean, I finished school, I have a job, I'm not living on the streets (yet), so I guess those are successes. But I really think that true success is measured in relationships with others and that other people are the truest mirrors we have available to see ourselves in. So I guess my "success story" that comes to mind is in that vein. I have a friend that has told me once or twice that if she knew more Christians like me then she would be one as well. She really made me feel like I wasn't a total failure at life just yet, though I don't deserve her high opinion of me at all. At least I know someone out there thinks well of me, so I will count that a success.
10. If you were a ghost, where would you haunt?
Oooo, um, Probably woods/jungles if we aren't limited to places we've actually been in life. If we are then I guess I would haunt a certain campsite that is very special to me where I have a lot of awesome memories stored up.
QUESTIONS FOR TAGGED:
1. What is your favorite Disney movie?
2. If you could spend one day anywhere at any time in history, where/when would it be?
3. Who is someone who has made a dramatic impact on your life?
4. What is your opinion on Jell-o?
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. You have been selected for the first group of people to live on Mars. What is the first thing you do when you get there?
7. Name one extinct animal that you wish was still alive today (yes, I know, all of them, but really, which one in particular)?
8. What is the first thing you think of when I say the word "Moose?"
9. Favorite book when you were a kid/teen?
10. What is your favorite deviation that you have in your gallery? As artists I don't think we appreciate ourselves often enough, so tell us what it is that you like about it. Also feel free to post a link/thumbnail, I'd love to see it.
And, because I sadly am very much a rule follower, I tag yooooou ( Sorry guys. xD ):
I know you're busy, so no worries if you don't have time/don't want to.